FAQs about Australia

1. Can I work Part Time while studying?
Yes, you can work up to 40- hours per fortnightly part time and full time during your university vacations.

2. Is there a Post study work option or possibility of applying for PR?
Students you have completed their graduation/bachelors education in Australia are eligible to put forward an application for a two year post-study work visa.
Similarly you are eligible for 3 year post-study work visa after you have completed your Master’s by research and 4 years post study work permit  years after completing PhD course in Australia.

3. What are the general entry requirements for Universities?
You are required to score in English Language Test i.e. IELTS, A school/College completion certificate would be must. Admission requirements to study in Australian universities may vary from institute to institutes according to the student profile. Contact Student Counselor at GES for complete assistance.

4. When should I start the application process?
It is advisable to start an application process minimum of 6 months in advance, so that you are ahead of your schedule.

5. What are the possibilities of getting a scholarship? How do I apply for them?
There are various factors on which a university decides to who the scholarships should be granted. Your academic performance, your involvement in co-curricular activities, sports, etc. Contact GES Counselor for more information about your eligibility.

6. What are the intakes in Australia?
There are two intakes for Admissions in Australian Institution – February & July, with some universities offering multiple intakes in September & November. A university takes 4-6 weeks generally to process an application so you should be ideally apply 7-8 months prior to the intake so that you have ample amount of time for post admissions process.

7. What kind of living expenses could I have in Australia?

The cost of living in the Australia can vary with place and your lifestyle. Your living expenses could include accommodation charges, telephone and utility bills, food and travelling costs and other expenses associate with lifestyle. However, a survey by the Australian government showed that tuition fees and living costs were consistently lower than that in the United States and the United Kingdom.
8. Are Australian Degrees recognized worldwide? Why is GMAT and GRE not asked for by all Australian Universities?

Australian Universities are recognized worldwide. The reason why Australian Universities do not insist upon students going for a GMAT or GRE etc. is because these exams are for American Universities so students have to give these tests to be judged by American Standards. Australia and India recognize each other’s degrees, however it may be asked by some Universities to assess the overall ability of the student.
9. What assistance does GES provide to students who are planning to study in Australia?
GES will help students with mention below services:
• Find information on the best possible courses and institutions
• Prepare and submit a course application and credit transfer application
• Meet institution representatives at our education exhibition and arrange interview session and seminars
• Prepare your application for visa extension or renewal
• Meet other international students through our student activities and excursions
10. Does GES charge for providing services to the students?

No. Our services are free for getting admission in Australian universities and colleges.
11.What options of accommodation do I have?
You have 3 options, Home stay – This is where you are given an opportunity to stay with an Australian family. They offer a safe and caring environment. On-campus – Usually sharing an apartment (4 – 8 bedrooms), where you are given your own bedroom, but you share the kitchen, bathroom(s) and living areas with other students. Off-campus – This is where you stay off the campus and the options include house or unit/flat rentals or hostels. Costs vary depending on size, quality and location.
12. Where can I find a part-time job in Australia?
Most of the work available to international students is in retail and hospitality, which offers flexible hours. There are job search resources for all students, so you should find out how they can help. Networking with other international students is a good way to let others know that you are looking for work so they can pass the message around. You can also check the ‘vacancies’ section in your local community newspapers and supermarket boards. Many large companies, especially big retailers (department stores), list their vacancies on their websites.
13. Can I apply to go to University if completed a TAFE diploma?
Yes. Most universities recognise TAFE diplomas as a pathway to a Bachelor degree.
14. Is it possible to obtain a credit in Australian universities and colleges for previous study?

Students who have completed previous tertiary study may apply to the University for a Credit. They must present the course syllabus of their previous study and complete a separate credit application form. The credit assessment will generally take longer than the application assessment.
15. Is it possible to obtain a credit transfer before my results are published?
Institutions will usually assess credit transfer applications following your final results and after a completion statement has been received. However, some institutions are able to provide conditional exemptions based on interim transcripts (unofficial results). You will need to submit your application with your interim transcript at one of our offices.
16. How can I get a scholarship from my university?
Scholarships offered differ depending on the university, with most focused on financial support for postgraduate research students. The majority of international students pay full-fees. Student loans are not available in Australia for international students.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s