The major reason why students choose to study in Australian universities is for its high quality of lifestyle and education. The Australian lifestyle will be hassle-free and more relaxed. This helps students to enhance their studies without any tension. Another reason for choosing Australia is for its cost efficiency. The education and living expenditure in Australia will be comparatively 40 to 60 percent less than that of USA/UK, varying with the location. Among various study courses, Indian students prefer technology and management programs and accountancy in addition to the management subjects. Every year, several thousand students from India (63,604 in 2007) and throughout the world go to Australia, for world-class education, which is recognized globally and that has top-class and highly ranked universities. Australian universities and training institutions offer a wide range of courses to meet most aspirations and requirements. The curriculum and infrastructure are the latest while the faculty is up-to-date and progressive in outlook and result-oriented.
The excellence in Education, the multicultural background of students, value for money, English speaking country and on top of that, Governmental and institution support for international students are some other aspects that has made Australia a very attractive destination for students from all over the world. One excellent advantage for Indian students is the similarity between Indian and Australian education systems, which are broadly patterned on the British education system. Therefore, it is easier for admission into any level without the hassle of credential evaluation, university review of qualifications etc. Australian degrees are recognized by the Association of Indian Universities for purposes of government employment and further education in an Indian university.
Education in Australia is well established and increasingly popular for prospective overseas students. International student numbers are growing at an average rate of 14% per annum. The main reasons for this include:
• Australia’s education standards rank amongst the highest in the world.
• Australian qualifications are widely recognized and accepted.
• Australia has multiple institutions offering a wide variety of courses with flexible delivery methods.
• Tuition fees are internationally competitive which, combined with a low cost of living compared to other Western economics, represents good value for money.
• Educational facilities and teaching resources are of the highest quality.
• Government legislation and codes of conduct are applicable across the Education spectrum and serve to protect student.
• Australia offers an attractive lifestyle that is safe, stable and friendly. A multicultural society means international students quickly feel at home.
• There are opportunities to travel and / or work whilst studying networks of support exist to help students in all aspects of their stay in Australia.
In summary, Australia offers an efficient and stimulating academic environment that rewards students with a qualification recognized and valued around the world. But we couple this with an environment that is sophisticated, welcoming and full of exciting options.